Preparing Your Bottles
You will need 30 - 750ml bottles or any combination of bottle sizes equaling 22.5 liters.
- Remove the labels. Try soaking the bottles in warm to hot water. Some labels just will not come off, those bottles go into the recycling bin!
- Remove the shrink cap with a sharp knife, sliding the blade along the bottle neck away from you.
* If there are any black spots or mold in the bottle it is much easier in the long run to recycle rather than reuse.
* If you have wine and/or wine sediment in the bottle, use a cap of bleach or diversol dissolved in hot water. NEVER USE SOAP.
- Rinse the bottles thoroughly in hot water.
- Store your bottles upside down in a box to all proper drainage and to prevent critters from making a home in your bottles.
Once your bottles are complete, now comes the hard part, waiting for the phone call telling you that your wine is ready to bottle!